Thursday, August 11, 2011

Great Movies

          The three feature films I watched for this class that had most impact on me were The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, and Raging Bull because these films had a strong emotional connection with me.  I felt what the protagonist felt in the movie through great directing, acting, cinematography, and sound.
          Three feature films that we haven't watched for this class that I believe should be watched by any film students are The Wackness, Requiem For a Dream, and Kids because these movies are about real stuff that happens to young adults everyday, but it is made into a film.  I think by watching these movies, it can motivate film students to create their own film.  These films are all independent films but very popular ones.
          I chose The Diving Bell and the Butterfly as one of the movies that had the most impact on me because after watching that movie, I kind of felt how it was to be paralyzed.  Especially with all the long POV shots in the film.  I appreciate that I am living and have full function of my body.  I chose the film Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind because I loved how the beginning scene of the film really took place toward the end of the film, but you wouldn't have known that if you had not seen the whole film.  Everything made sense toward the end.  I also loved the scenes where Joel is awake in his mind running away with Clementine and everything is falling apart.  It gives me the feeling of the world falling to pieces.  I chose the film Raging Bull because Robert Di Niro is such a great actor in this film, not that he isn't a great actor.  The movie feels so real with all the fantastic make up and brutal fight scenes.  I get nervous every time Jake gets into an argument with his wife because I know he might snap and hit her.  I chose the film  The Wackness because any young man can relate to this movie, especially if you just started dating for the first time or if you have a crush on a girl.  It's about a young man dating a girl for the first time but she ends up breaking his heart because he took the relationship too serious and she just thought it was a summer fling.  This movie has a ghetto new york city feeling to it and it seems like that is how it would really be like in real life.  I chose the film Requiem For a Dream because this film shows you how you will turn out if you become a drug addict.  Either it's heroin or weight loss pills, drugs will destroy your life.  This movie is quite disturbing, but after watching it you will think drugs are the most disgusting thing ever. I chose the film Kids because this film was had a real street life feeling to it.  Everything was raw and seemed like it was filmed without a script.  This films is about kids having unprotected sex with many partners and soon realize they contracted AIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment